A silk products wholesale and retail market in Hangzhou.
Hangzhou Chinese Silk City, also known as Hangzhou Silk Town, is a paradise for all things silk. It’s the largest silk wholesale and retail market in China, boasting over 600 silk enterprises catering to diverse styles and budgets.
A Kaleidoscope of Silk Fabrics:
From the shimmering elegance of satin (imagine flowing evening gowns and luxurious scarves) to the soft caress of charmeuse (perfect for lingerie and delicate blouses), the textures and styles are endless.
Explore the richness of brocade (ideal for traditional Chinese garments and statement home décor pieces) and the delicate beauty of crepe (think airy summer dresses and flowy scarves).
Beyond the Silky Threads:
While silk takes center stage, the market offers a wealth of other textiles as well. Cotton, linen, wool, and various synthetic blends cater to diverse needs and budgets. You’ll find vibrant prints, classic solids, intricate weaves, and everything in between, perfect for clothing, upholstery, handicrafts, and more.
Fashion Finds and Finishing Touches:
The market extends beyond just fabrics. Explore stalls overflowing with ready-made garments, including traditional Chinese attire like qipaos and modern fashion pieces with a silky touch. Don’t miss the stunning selection of silk scarves, shawls, and throws, ideal for adding a touch of luxury to any outfit.
- Embrace the bargaining culture: Haggling is expected and a fun part of the experience. Be polite, smile, and start with a lower offer than you’re willing to pay.
- Mind the minimum order quantities (MOQs): Some shops may have minimum purchase requirements, especially for wholesale deals.
- Cash is king: While some shops accept cards, cash is still the preferred mode of payment.
- Wear comfortable shoes: The market is vast, so be prepared for some walking.
- Bring your shopping list: With so much to see, having a plan can help you stay focused and avoid impulse buys.